D4 DVLA Group 2 Driver Medicals
HGV Driver Medicals
ML5 Seafarer Medical
Fit to Work Medicals
What is involved in the medical assessment?
Dr Warren will examine you in accordance with the requirements of the relevant Medical Form and during each assessment she will:
• Perform a statutory eye test (if you wear spectacles for driving, you will be tested both with and without your glasses)
• Measure your blood pressure.
• Test your urine for Diabetes.
• Ask questions about your medical history (this information is compulsory).
• List any medication you’re currently taking.
• Ask about your previous medical history (these questions are on the form and are compulsory).
Once the medical is completed you can post the completed form to the DVLA who will make a decision about the renewal of your driving entitlements. Dr Warren will inform you at the time of any conditions that will prevent renewal.
How long does a medical assessment take?
Most assessments take around 30.40 minutes including the consultation, the medical test and the completion of the form. If your medical history is complicated it may take longer.
Does the medical include an eye test?
Yes, it does. If you wear glasses for driving, please bring these along with you. If you normally wear contact lenses, do not wear these as you will have to remove them for the test. However, please bring your lenses with you as well as your latest eye prescription if you have it available.
Do I need to bring a DVLA D4 Driver Medical Form?
Dr Warren has copies of all medical forms, so you don’t have to have bring one to your medical. However it will speed up the process if you can obtain and fill in a form with as many details as possible prior to examination. This is particularly useful where the form requires information that you may need to look up.
Where can I obtain a DVLA D4 Driver Medical Form?
- You can download a medical assessment form by clicking the relevant link at the bottom of the page.
- In person from your local DVLA Centre.
- By post from the DVLA by calling 0300 790 6806 .
An information leaflet provided by the DVLA can be downloaded at the bottom of the page. More information is also available from www.gov.uk/health-conditions-and-driving
What do I need to bring to my medical?
Here is a list of the required items you will need to bring to the driver medical assessment:
- Driving licence.
- Your driving glasses (do not wear contact lenses as these will have to be removed for the eye test). Please bring your latest eye prescription if you have it available.
- A urine sample (just a small one). Sample pots can be obtained from your local pharmacy.
- A list of all your current medication; alternatively please bring your medication to the medical.
- Any GP or hospital correspondence and details of consultants who are treating you.
- The medical fee.
The medical form requires detailed medical information so please supply as much information as possible for it to be completed.
D4 HGV Medical £85
ML5 Seafarer Medical £85
Fit to Work Medical £85